Practices and Activities on Important Buddhist days of Students in Cultural Management Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University
A study of conduct and activities on important Buddhist days of students in cultural management Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University Aims to.
1. To measure the level of knowledge on important Buddhist days.
2. To explore the characteristics of activities that students perform on important dates in Buddhism.
3. To study the reasons for participating in activities on important Buddhist days.
The population used in this research is students in cultural management. Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences Suan Sunandha Rajabhat University Enrolled in the course CUM2206 Religion and beliefs in semester 2/2019, a total of 43 people.
Data were collected by questionnaires and explaining the general characteristics of the sample. The statistics used are percentage, average and standard deviation.
The study indicated that.
1. The results of general data analysis of all 43 respondents by gender Found that most of the respondents are female, 36 people, representing 83.7 percent. Classified by age, found that most respondents aged between 20-23, consisting of 27 people, representing 62.8%. Classified by domicile. Found that the majority of the respondents are 32 people of Bangkok, accounting for 74.4%. Classified by family status, found that Most of the students came from the family of 31 parents, 72.1% Classified by the parents 'occupation, it is found that the majority of the students' parents are in civil servants and state enterprise employees. And engaged in private businesses, comprising 8 people, representing 18.6 percent. Classified by current living characteristics, it is found that most of the students live with their parents, a total of 32 people, representing 74.4%.
2. The result of the analysis of knowledge about important days in Buddhism Found that students have a level of 90 percent or more of knowledge.
3. The result of the survey of the most important religious days which students participated in was the second day of the Buddha's day which was Makha Bucha Day, Visakha Bucha Day, Asanha Bucha and Buddhist Lent Day respectively.
4. Practices and activities on important days in Buddhism found that the pebbles spread the merit to the deceased. Offering Making merit by offering money or donating property at a high level with an average of (x ̅) between 3.51 - 4.50. Make merit and offer food to the monk for offering food to the temple. Listen to the sermon at the temple, keep the 5 precepts, except from sin, do only good Purify Spreading compassion for animals, bringing flowers, joss sticks, candles to candles release bird release fish Making a candle. Plans found that at a medium level with an average of (x ̅) between 2.51 - 3.50 And listening to sermons on radio or television keeping the 8 precepts is at a low level, with an average of (x ̅) between 1.51 - 2.50.
5. Reasons for joining activities on important days in Buddhism found that Inheriting Thai traditions Get happiness when participating in activities. Meeting relatives or familiar people Having encouragement in living makes good luck to develop oneself Is at a high level for every item with an average of (x ̅) between 3.51 - 4.50.
Keywords - Practices, Activity, Important Buddhist Day.