Au Doped TIO2/Graphene Quantum DOT Nanocomposite as a Heterogeneous Catalyst for Oxidation of Alkylarenes and Alcohols
Oxidation reactions of organic substrates, as one of the main organic transmutations, is powerful strategy to achieve valuable compounds from useless natural materials which wide studies have been performed to obtain best reaction conditions and green chemistry principle is a potent template for this propose. Catalytic oxidations have green chemistry credentials due to inexistence of toxic oxidizing agent avoid both the waste formation and the hazards associated with the oxidant.Among transition metals, Au indicates high catalyst activity in the oxidation reactions. Au doped TiO2 has been used as catalyst in the degradation of organic pollutants. Herein, new nanocomposite ofAu doped TiO2/graphene quantum dot was prepared, characterized, and applied in the oxidation reaction of alkylarenes and alcohols. Au doped TiO2 synthesis procedure involves chemically reduction of Au(III) in the presence of TiO2 which the product mixed with GQD prepared from citric acid to produce the catalyst.Au doped TiO2/GQD showed good catalytic activity in the aerobic oxidation of various alkylarenes and alcohols at room temperature. Great yield and high selectivity were observed in the oxidation reactions during 24 h.
1. Keshipour S, Adak K (2016) Pd(0) supported on N-doped graphene quantum dot modified cellulose as an efficient catalyst for the green reduction of nitroaromatics. RSC Advances 6: 89407-89412.
2. Keshipour S, Adak K (2017) Magnetic d‐penicillamine‐functionalized cellulose as a new heterogeneous support for cobalt(II) in green oxidation of ethylbenzene to acetophenone Applied Organometallic Chemistry DOI: 10.1002/aoc.3774.
3. Keshipour S, Kalam Khalteh N (2016) Oxidation of ethylbenzene to styrene oxide in the presence of cellulose‐supported Pd magnetic nanoparticles. Applied Organometallic Chemistry 30:653-656.
4. Keshipour S, Khezerloo M (2017) Gold nanoparticles supported on cellulose aerogel as a new efficient catalyst for epoxidation of styrene. Journal of the Iranian Chemical Society 14:1107-1112.
5. Shaabani A, Nosrati H, Seyyedhamzeh M (2015) Cellulose@Fe2O3 nanoparticle composites: magnetically recyclable Nano catalyst for the synthesis of 3-aminoimidazo [1,2-a] pyridine. Research on Chemical Intermediates 41:3719-3727.